Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Decking the halls....

This year I wanted to get my Christmas decorating done early.  I am going home to Massachusetts for a quick visit on Thursday so it all has to be done before then.  So, for the first time ever, I started putting everything out on Thanksgiving night right after all of our guests left.

I have never pulled out the Christmas decorations on Thanksgiving night before.  I like to leave that chaos until the next morning or, if I am doing Black Friday shopping, the next afternoon.  To be honest, the Thanksgiving dessert dishes aren't usually cleaned up until the next morning so decorating is the last thing on my mind once everyone has left.  This year that changed and as of right now all the decorating is done!

All of my decorations have a story and I love each one of them.  I am always in awe of people who have themed decorations.  Do they change every year?  What do they do with the old stuff?  Mr. Lucky and I get a dated ornament every year and I think it would be so boring to have to keep it to one theme.  I love my eclectic decorations and love adding to them each year. 

Here are some pictures:


We do the blue lights because they were my Nana's favorite

Our simple Advent Calendar/Christmas Countdown

One of my favorites.

Got these three Ho's for $5 at a Christmas Fair last year

My mom made these. I really love them.

We've never had a mantle before.  I LOVE it!

My Christmas Village

This is Dottie.  She is another one in honor of my Nana.

I hope you all are having a wonderful holiday season so far!  Once I am back from Boston I will be baking like a mad woman so I will be sharing those delicious treats with you. 

Talk with you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment