Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Happy Holidays!

I figured I should drop in and say hello and maybe share a few recipes over the next few weeks.  It is coming up on the busiest time of year in my kitchen. I give a lot of food gifts, goodie baskets, for Christmas.  It let's me give to a lot of people with out spending a ridiculous amount of money.  I would much rather give people something made with love than a silly trinket that will be forgotten five minutes after they open it. 

I am especially excited this year because I did not make baskets last year.  We were in the process of packing up the house for our move.  We didn't even decorate for Christmas last year.  It was so sad, so this year I am overly excited for Christmas.  I am hoping that I don't get too zealous and burn out my mixer. 

I typically make five or six kinds of cookies and four or five other kinds of treats.  My biggest problems are running out of sugar and running out of counter space for the cooling racks.  As corny as it sounds it really is the most wonderful time of the year. 

Here are some pictures of the goodies and the baskets I made for Christmas 2010.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - I had tried a new recipe and they came out tasty but weird.

Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies

My favorite, Almond butter cookies

The baskets all put together.





Once I get started with this year's baskets I will post those pictures.  I hope you are all enjoying this special time of year with family and friends.

Talk with you soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment