Thursday, August 2, 2012

Another Gluttonous Weekend....

Mr. Lucky and I were in Vegas again this past weekend.  A good friend of mine, Loryn, moved from Tampa to Vegas and we went down to welcome her to her new city.  We also took advantage of the amazing food in the city.

On our first night we introduced Loryn to Casa di Amore. We have been here a handful of times before.  Our friend Mr. D, who also lives in Vegas, turned us on to it back in March and each time we go to Vegas the three of us plan a dinner there.  This time we added a fourth.

From the outside Casa di Amore is a plain building with no windows, it doesn't look like much.  Inside it is all Vegas; pictures of the Rat Pack and hotels of the past, brick walls, lounge singers and amazing Italian food.  Each time we have gone I have tried something different and I have not been disappointed.  If you are in Vegas call and make reservations.  They will even pick you up and drop you off in one of their limos if you are staying at a hotel in the city.  How cool is that?  It definitely makes it easier to have some wine to compliment your delicious dinner.  They are open from 5pm to 5am every day but Tuesday so you can even go after a late night Blackjack session.  Check out their menu on their website, you won't be disappointed.

Because Loryn is a dessert-aholic like me we had to make a return visit to Jean Phillipe at the Bellagio.  I told you about our first visit in this post.  We were just as awestruck with this visit as we were the first time.  Mr. Lucky got a croissant and a coffee (boring!). Ms. L got a Nutella something or other.  I cannot remember what it was called but it looked gorgeous.  I got a trio of small sweets; a chocolate peanut butter pop, a rose macaroon and a creme brulee.  The three were all set on a chocolate stand.  Wow!  I cannot recommend this place enough.  It is so much fun and everything is amazingly delicious.

Don't you love the little spoon?


Love this stand, such great presentation.
On Saturday night Mr. D took Mr. Lucky and I to Hank's Fine Steaks at Green Valley Ranch in Henderson, NV.   WHAT A MEAL!  I can honestly say this was probably the second best meal we've ever had in Las Vegas.  The first, of course, being at our wedding.  As an appetizer I had an heirloom tomato salad with feta, micro arugula and a sherry vinaigrette. It was fantastic and it was the only part of this meal that I got a picture of, sorry!  I was too busy eating.

Delicious! And I want those plates!!!
For my meal I had a bone-in filet mignon. It was perfect.  I can't say it better than that, perfect.  Mr. Lucky had an absolutely huge bone-in rib eye steak.  It was pretty much perfect too, I had a taste. Mr. D had the "King Cut" prime rib.  When I tell you that this was the biggest piece of meat I have ever seen served on a plate I am not exaggerating in the least bit.  They claimed this to be 20 ounces but it was considerably more than that.  It was Fred Flintstone worthy.  Between the three of us we split three sides: horseradish mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese and green beans.  All three were excellent.

We barely had room for dessert but the rest of the meal was so great we had to try.  Rationalizing? Maybe a little.  Mr. Lucky had deep fried Oreos with ice cream.  Yup, I said deep fried Oreos. Totally ridiculous and according to him totally awesome.  Mr. D and I had a toffee cake with creme fraiche ice cream.  It was so rich and warm and so so so good.  The ice cream was tasty but seemed as if it had been churned a bit too long.  Mr. Lucky and I are definitely planning a trip back to Hank's, I am counting down the days.

It was a great weekend!  Loryn got a proper welcome to her new home town, we had time with good friends and we ate very very well. 

Talk with you soon!


0 comments:

Post a Comment