Friday, July 13, 2012

Inspirational Woman....

My beautiful Nana! (Sorry, it's a picture of a picture)
 Today would have been my Nana Lorraine's 84th birthday.  Sh passed away when I was 15 and I still miss her a lot.  Until I was 13 we lived right next door to her and my grandfather.  I was at their house constantly!  She did everything with us including trick or treating.  She was so much fun!

Nana as a clown.  (Another picture of a picture)
Nana was my first inspiration in the kitchen.  She was an amazing cook.  Her holidays were something to behold! She'd put a whole turkey dinner on the table for lunch and then later she'd put a whole roast beef dinner out.  Can you even imagine?   I can barely get one on the table.

I have so many memories of sitting at her table snapping green beans for summer dinners.  I think half the reason I like green beans so much is those memories. 

Happy Birthday Nana!  I love you!


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,
That was a nice tribute to Nana. I am making her special brownies tonight for your Dad's party tomorrow.I am going to make enough so that he will share some with the rest of us! She and Great Nana were my cooking inspirations, and now I have passed the spatula on to you, and you are doing a fabulous job. Lots of love, Aunt Janet.

Post a Comment