Saturday, July 7, 2012

Gone in 60 seconds (more or less)....

The recipe for this taco dip came from my Aunt Janet.  I get a lot of my recipes and even more of my inspiration from her.  She is an amazing cook and a phenomenal woman.  I was named after her so she must be pretty awesome.  Thanks Jan!

Now for the recipe:

8 oz. sour cream
8 oz. cream cheese
1 lb. ground beef
1 pkt. taco seasoning mix
4 medium tomatoes, chopped (I use Romas)
1 cup black olives, sliced (I leave these out, I don't like olives!)
1 bunch scallions, chopped fine
8 oz. shredded Cheddar

Mix sour cream and cream cheese together.  Brown ground beef, drain and then add the taco seasoning.  Put 3/4 of the cream cheese mixture on bottom and sides of a pie plate.  Next, put a layer of hamburger, then layers of tomato, olive and scallions.  Put rest of the cream cheese mixture on top.  Cover with Cheddar cheese.  Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, until cheese is melted.  Serve with tortilla chips.

People absolutely love this dip.  It is kinda legendary with our family and friends.  I think that some of our friends only came over so they could have some.  Try it but I have to warn that you may become addicted, seriously! 

Talk with you soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, shucks! Thanks, Jan. Sorry it took a while to post a comment. I gave my computer a glass of water and it didn't appreciate it. And Jessie didn't want to share her computer with me. The big meanie!! Love, Aunt Janet

Post a Comment