Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Gadgets....

I am a cooking gadget freak.  I have tons of these things in my kitchen drawers and cabinets.  Garlic presses, zesters, knife sharpeners, food processors, bread maker, I could go on and on.

The bread machine is my current favorite.  I hadn't used it in quite awhile but dug it out the other day.  I am so glad I did.  There is nothing like the smell of bread baking in the house.  Yum!  I decided to make a country white bread.

Here is the recipe:

This recipe is from the cookbook that came with my Sunbeam bread maker.  I am pretty sure, but not 100%, it will work with other types of bread makers.

1 cup warm milk (110 - 115 degrees)
1 1/2 Tbsp butter or margarine
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp salt
4 cups bread flour
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp active dry yeast

Measure and add liquid ingredients to the bread pan.  Measure and add dry ingredients (except yeast) to the bread pan.  Use your finger to form a well (hole) in the flour where you will pour the yeast.  Yeast must NEVER come into contact with a liquid when you are adding ingredients.  Measure the yeast and carefully pour it into the well.

The rest of the recipe is specific to my machine so I will skip it.  It is really just pressing buttons and letting it do it's thing.

This bread was just ok, it wasn't great but it wasn't awful either.  Mr. Lucky and I definitely ate a good amount of the loaf.  He's a carb fanatic like me.  We were meant to be together.  I am hoping to make some cinnamon raisin bread this week.  Hopefully, I will remember my camera for that one! 

Talk with you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment