Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sharing is caring....

Mr. Lucky and I have made a deal.  He will buy all the ingredients I need if I make treats for him to bring in to work every other Friday.  How could I say no?  I am loving cooking in this kitchen!  I also love sharing what I cook with everyone. 

Today was a treat day.  I made two different goodies but we'll just talk about one of them now, coconut macaroons.  I am not a great fan of coconut but I love macaroons.  This recipe is super easy, has only five ingredients and is also gluten free.

Here is the recipe:

Ignore the sugar, it was for another recipe. It snuck in the picture.


14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 extra-large egg whites, at room temperature (That's what is in the white bowl in the picture)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.

When all the ingredients are the same color they don't photograph well.
Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks.


Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons.


Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.


These were so, so, so good!  Moist, chewy, not overly coconutty (or coconut-y?).  Best of all they were easy.  I like easy! 

Next up are the Ruby red grapefruit bars that went with Mr. Lucky along with the macaroons. 

Talk to you soon!

2 comments:

Aaron said...

I had like 5 of these. We look forward to Fridays at the office, not just because the weekend is close!

JEM said...

Glad you liked them Aaron! I really liked them too, it was a good thing that I sent them into the office. I would have had way too many.

Post a Comment