Friday, June 8, 2012

Fungi....

I love to cook mushrooms.  Nothing fancy, just plain old button mushrooms.  They are easy to find, inexpensive, and can be added to so many dishes or just made as a side.  The other night I made them as a side to go with chicken cutlets. 

Here is the recipe:

On the left is the olive oil my uncle sent me from Italy!
8 oz. Button mushrooms
1 clove Garlic, minced
1/8 cup Olive Oil
1/4 tsp dried Thyme
1/4 tsp dried Sage
1 Tbsp fresh Parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste
Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cut the mushrooms into quarters.


 Mix the olive oil, garlic and herbs in a medium bowl.


Add the mushroom pieces and stir to coat.  Pour the mixture into an oven safe dish.


Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Remove from the oven and drizzle with the Balsamic vinegar.


I could not believe how delicious these tasted.  They were so easy and all the ingredients were in my pantry.  I will be making these again very soon.  I bet they'll be great with a steak. Yum!

Next up, chocolate peanut butter balls or what should have been Buckeyes. 

Talk to you soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment