Friday, May 18, 2012

Presidential Pasta

Tonight I made Ronald Reagan's Macaroni and Cheese. Who knew Ronny was a cook?  I cannot remember where I got the recipe but I am so glad that once upon a time I printed it.  This is not creamy mac and cheese so some may not like it, like Chelle, but it is a keeper.

Here is the recipe:

1/2 lb uncooked macaroni
1 tsp butter
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt (I skipped this, the cheese is salty enough)
1 cup warm milk
3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3/4 lb), reserve 1/4 cup for topping. (I bought a brick of cheese and shredded it myself.  It was on sale)
I love cheese!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 2 quart casserole with non-stick spray (butter works just fine too). Cook macaroni in a pot of water until tender, drain.  In a large mixing bowl, mix butter, egg, mustard, salt and milk.  Add cooked macaroni to mix and stir to coat.  Add cheese, combine.  Pour into casserole dish and sprinkle with additional shredded cheese. (I think I might add some bread crumbs to the top next time.)
Headed to the oven
Bake 45 minutes or until custard is set and top is crusty.  Makes 4 to 6 servings.
So delicious!

 This is definitely worth a try and if you don't like mac and cheese you should seek counseling.

Talk to you soon!



0 comments:

Post a Comment