Sunday, May 20, 2012

In the mood to bake...

At about 9:30pm tonight I decided I wanted to bake something.  I had really been thinking about it all day but didn't have the motivation until then.  I wanted something easy because it was, after all, 9:30pm.  I have been holding on to this recipe for lemon cake mix cookies because I never have lemon cake mix in the house.  Well, tonight I had some.  Yay!  These are the easiest cookies you will ever make. 

Here is the recipe:
Yup, just 4 ingredients. Well, maybe 5...
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon lemon extract ( I did not have this so I used a couple drops of lemon oil)
1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). 
Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended. 


Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered.  I use the small ice cream scoop so that all the cookies are the same size.  You can find these small scoops almost anywhere: Target, Wal-mart, Bed Bath & Beyond.



Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.  I always use my silicone mats when I bake anything on a sheet pan.  It cuts down on clean up and it ensures that nothing sticks.



Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven. The bottoms will be light brown, and the insides chewy. 


 I ended up with a few over 3 dozen cookies total.  We are going to drop most of them off to the weekend staff at Mr. Lucky's work so we don't eat them all.  


I cannot wait to make these again.  I am thinking of trying other cake mix flavors and extracts.  What flavors do you think would work best?  Spice cake with vanilla extract was the first one that came to mind but I think that Devil's Food and peppermint would taste awesome.  Any other ideas?  


Ok, since I baked at 9:30pm I am going to go eat some dinner at 12:30am.  Night owl?  Absolutely!


Talk to you soon!

1 comments:

Mr. Lucky said...

The crew at work loved these cookies!! You are a smash success :)

Post a Comment