Saturday, January 7, 2012

New jobs, new states and STRESS!

A few months ago Mr. Lucky applied for a new job.  It is an amazing opportunity and will be great for his career but it is taking us almost all the way across the country.  We are lifelong New Englanders and we're moving to Salt Lake City.  I am terrified and excited at the same time but most of all I really want to cook again.  Since he applied for this job we have been cleaning, purging and packing our house.  So that means I have been slowly and grudgingly packing up my kitchen.  

I thought it might be nice to have a break from cooking for awhile but it has kinda sucked.  I did ZERO holiday baking, we have had more delivery food than I ever want to eat again and I just feel a little lost. My kitchen is just a room I walk through to get to the living room these days.

You probably know that I love to cook but it's more than that.  I like to cook not just because I like to do it but because food makes people happy and I like to make people happy.  It is one of the only things I am good at and that I truly enjoy so it also makes me happy.  Am I making any sense here?

Cooking is my biggest stress reliever.  I can close out anything that is bothering me and make a risotto or a cake or even just a simple steak and all is right in the world for that little bit of time.  Right now, I have a lot of stress.  A LOT!  But no way to relieve it, even my cookbooks are packed up.  Needless to say, I am a bit on edge.  What I am able to do is think about all the amazing things I am going to make when I have a beautiful new kitchen.  It is helping..... a bit.

Sorry that this post is the first in quite awhile and it was nothing but a rant.  I just needed to get some things out. Can you help me out and tell me what you've been cooking??

1 comments:

The Spirit of Mars-Upton said...

Mile-high cooking (well, 4500' of elevation) is going to be a challenge!!

I miss JEM's Kitchen and cant wait to see the new updated version, live from the Rocky Mountain Studios. I predict your new set will be a big improvement over the current one!!

Post a Comment