Monday, November 7, 2011

Brinner = Breakfast + Dinner

Tonight, Mr. Lucky and I decided to have bacon and eggs for dinner.  Is there anything better than having breakfast for dinner?  I can't think of anything. 

So this post is really just a quick tip.  Bake your bacon!  From now, whenever you cook bacon, do it in the oven.  It came out absolutely prefect and the mess was almost non-existent. Best of all the whole house won't smell like bacon for a week.  That is the thing I hate the most.

You'll need a sheet pan/cookie sheet lined with aluminum foil.  This is how you will keep the mess to a minimum.  You'll also need a rack to lay the bacon out on.  (I am now wishing I had taken some pictures). My rack is about 1/2 and inch high and fit right into my sheet pan.  I hope you're getting the idea here.  I am having a blockage as to how I should explain it. 

Anyway, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and lay out your desired amount of bacon on the rack on the sheet pan.  I cooked the bacon for about 10 minutes or so and it came out perfect.  You could do more or less time depending on how you like it cooked.  Just keep a good eye on it so it doesn't burn.  Next time I do this I am going to sprinkle on some brown sugar or brush on some maple syrup just to make it that much more decadent.  Not that bacon needs any help to be awesome. 

This has changed my outlook on bacon completely.  I have always felt it was a bit of a pain in the ass but now I'll be making it much more often and my cholesterol levels are surely going to pay.


In a side note: No new news on our move to the wild west. Still waiting to here.  We're wading through loads of corporate crap.  I'll keep you posted!

1 comments:

The Spirit of Mars-Upton said...

Well, I wouldn't say the house didn't smell like bacon for days after...but I agree what a easy cleanup vs. frying in a pan!!!

Post a Comment