Monday, July 25, 2011

Berry Picking....

I have been driving by the sign for Ward's Berry Farm on the highway for years and never stopped.  Until today. My brother John, his wife Nancy, and I took our nephew Aedan for a blueberry picking outing.  My dad also, reluctantly, came along.

  
Aedan & his Papa

 We bought six pints to fill: two for me, two for John & Nancy and two for Aedan to bring home to his parents.  The pints cost $3 each which I thought was fairly decent considering the pints at the grocery store were $2.99 and who knows where those berries came from. 

   
Being helpful!
We had a great time and filled those pints up pretty quickly. I think Dad even had a good time.  I know Aedan did, he walked from bush to bush picking and eating.


The bushes were full of ripe berries with plenty more yet to ripen.  I am considering going back this week because I used my first batch to make some blueberry jam.  You'll hear all about that soon.  Here are my beautiful blueberries.....

I almost just ate them right from the containers.
So, if you are local definitely check out Ward's Berry Farm!  They have strawberries in the spring, blueberries in the summer and pumpkins in the fall.  They also have a fantastic farm stand with tons of other local produce. Well worth the trip!

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I've seen the signs for years also, but never stopped! Looks like it was a great time!

Stephen said...

what great pictures! Now, let's see that Jam :)

Post a Comment