Sunday, June 19, 2011

Farmer's Market....

I love this time of year! All the local Farmer's Markets are opening up for the season and I couldn't be happier. 

Mr. Lucky and I went to our first of the season last weekend. There were not a great many vendors yet as it is early in the season but we found plenty of things to buy.  We got some red romaine lettuce, organic grape tomatoes, Vermont cheddar bread, some amazing local beef and my favorite some perfectly ripe organic strawberries. Yum!

I cut the strawberries up and sprinkled them with a few tablespoons of vanilla sugar and let them sit in the fridge while we had our dinner. The sugar causes the strawberries to release all their wonderful juice.  We made some super delicious strawberry shortcakes with them.

I can't wait to go back to the Farmer's Market again soon.  I'll be sure to show you our purchases.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those strawberries were amazing! And the salad fixins made the best salad I have had in along time.

You cant get a head of romaine like that in a supermarket, even Whole Foods/Roche Bros.!

Post a Comment