Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Feeling old....

My niece Mehgan and I have always been very close.  She is finishing up her junior year in high school in a culinary arts program and starting to look at colleges.  I am so excited for her but at the same time I am feeling a little bit old!

This past weekend Mr. Lucky and I brought her to visit New England Culinary Institute in Montpelier, VT.  This was her first college tour and definitely the one all others have to surpass.


We had an amazing time.  The campus is beautiful and the school has a retail bakery/coffee shop as well as a full service restaurant that are both staffed but students.  We were able to tour both sites and speak to a few of the Chef instructors.  We were so pleased that they took the time   If you are ever in Montpelier check out La Brioche or NECI on Main! 

This is a relatively small school but I think that is a great advantage.  Our tour guide told us that most classes are 10 students or less, how great is that? He also said that their highest enrollment is around 500.  I think this makes for a more personal experience and it seemed like everyone knew each other.  It was a great environment.

Mehgan told us that all the other colleges have to live up to this one.  I'll let you know how she makes out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment