Thursday, March 31, 2011

Ingredients....

About a month and a half ago I decided to make my own vanilla extract.  I had some vanilla beans that needed to get used up and had saved about 20 vanilla extract recipes so, why not?  Most homemade things are better so wouldn't that mean that homemade vanilla extract would be too?

Well...... It is FANTASTIC!  When I opened the bottle after 6 long weeks of waiting it smelled incredible.  I used it in all of my cake show recipes and it tasted great too.  I am so glad I went for it.

The final product!


I bought 50 vanilla beans at the cake show so I will be making some more extract.  Who wants some?  And who has some recipes that use vanilla beans?

2 comments:

Mr. Lucky said...

Um I don't think you will need to make any more for a good long time!!

And yes when you smell the homemade extract and then a store-bought brand its like going from perfume to skunks.

Frieda Loves Bread said...

I am very impressed! I have always wanted to make my own vanilla, but can't bring myself to go to the liquor store as I don't drink...great job!

Post a Comment