Sunday, February 13, 2011

When life gives you lemons....

I have had jarred lemon curd several times and have always wanted to try to make it.  I bought some lemons to make some cookies but the cookies never happened so I made lemon curd.

This had to be the easiest recipe I have ever made, well one of them.  I got the recipe from Allrecipes but there are tons of recipes out there.

Here is the recipe I used:

Ingredients:










3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 tablespoon grated lemon peel









In the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar.









Stir in lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until thickened.









That's it!  Even Mr. Lucky could do this!  I plan to use this as a filling for a white cake with raspberry buttercream.  Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment